AECOM Industrial Placements 2017 - Quantity Surveyor (UK wide) in Various, United Kingdom
Business Line Graduates / Interns
Position Title Industrial Placements 2017 - Quantity Surveyor (UK wide)
United Kingdom - Hertfordshire
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
We have a number of opportunities across the UK for Quantity Surveying Industrial Placements to work within our project cost management teams, to help provide construction cost management services to our clients in the UK and around the world.
AECOM provides Cost Management services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
• Commercial – new build, refurbishment and fit out for major property developers
• Manufacturing, Industrial and Automotive facilities for Clients such as Rolls Royce, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover
• Education establishments including schools, academies and universities
• Residential developments for developers such as Orbit, Waterloo and Bromford Housing
• Leisure and Culture projects such as theatres, concerts halls and museums
• Infrastructure schemes, including large scale rail, highways and water projects. Graduates will have the opportunity to work on local projects, as well as to interact with teams based across the UK and potentially further afield.
You will also have chance to be involved in all stages of a project; from initial project definition and brief, cost planning, through to procurement, construction and building use, you have opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients including some very high profile names, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
The Cost Management role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for. The role is generally split in to pre and post contract duties, which can include:
• Cost modelling and cost planning
• Value and Risk Analysis
• Life Cycle costing
• Procurement tasks and managing tender processes
• Compilation of contract documentation
• Attendance at site progress meetings
• Completion of Valuations
• Financial reporting
• Due Diligence reporting
• Review and management of change control procedures.
A Quantity Surveying Placement at AECOM could have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks, and see projects from inception to completion on site.
• Must be enrolled in Quantity Surveying (or relevant RICS accredited Construction-related) degree
• Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
• Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
• Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
• Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
• Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team
• Professional manner
As per the above requirements
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Vacation Student / Internship / Graduate
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 141271BR